Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 6, 2011 at the Provo MTC

Dear Family,
 
I'm still doing well.  I went to the temple today with my district.  That was really nice.  I feel like I understand more of the blessings involved.  I really felt the spirit and it was a very nice and peaceful experience.  Afterwards I ate breakfast at the cafeteria in the temple with most of my district!  Real food!  It cost me $6, but it was so worth it.
 
I also wrote a letter to you guys today so you should get it later this week.  Last Sunday was Fast Sunday and also mission conference.  The MTC presidency spoke along with their wives, and over all it was really good.  The only thing I didn't like was that when some of the sisters spoke, it sounded a little fake and too rehearsed (you know the conference talk cadence, inflections on every word).  I wrote a friend today and told a little more about my experiences here at the MTC.  I shared an experience I had during our mission conference.  I'll give a short version here.  We were singing "Called to Serve" as an intermediate hymn and I happened to look over at the stand and the first counselor in the MTC presidency caught my eye.  He smiled and I smiled back.  It sounds like no big deal, but I could tell that he loved and cared about me personally, even though I had never met him.  It was a nice experience, because out of the 2000 Elders in that room, he saw me and we connected.  I went on to say that that's a lot like our relationship with God, we often are not on the same page but every once and a while we will be in harmony and we connect and can feel his eternal love for us.  It's not a perfect analogy, but I thought it was uplifting.  Maybe my friend will take the discussions or something.  Well, we will see : )
 
Thanks for the letter dad about Mt Adams.  Crazy!  And Dan, your letter was great.  I'll try my best to let the MTC turn me into a convert-inator!!!
 
I hope everything is good with you all.  I hope school is working out and the Campbell family reunion is fun.  Tell everyone hi for me!
 
Love you all!
 
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment