Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Crazy Day

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:23 PM

Hey Family,
 
I have a crazy story for today!  The Italians in our branch that have been here since we got here left this morning.  Last night we had a going away party for them where we had toasts with Martinelli's apple cider.   It was cool but sad.  So at 4:00 in the morning, the other room in my district got a call over the intercom.  They wanted Elder Higbee to report to the travel office.  When he got there they said, "Elder, where is your stuff?  Your shuttle leaves in half an hour to catch your flight to Brazil!!!"  No one had told us.  So, we helped him pack up all his stuff and sent him off all before it got light.  It was really sad.  All of us have grown really close and it was sad to have one of us leave.  I'm really excited for him though.  I know he will do great.  He is really good at Portuguese (our teachers told him that in lessons he could only bear his testimony so that the other two in his companionship,  Elders Klem and Josi, would get better at teaching and speaking).  Hayden also left this morning!  I got to say goodbye to him yesterday.  It was nice to talk with him for a bit.  It was a happy parting.  I have a bunch of good pictures to send all of you, but we can't do that with these computers (its all blocked)  So I will have to send them to you when I get out into the field. 
 
Mom can you send me:
 
  • a fleece poncho (its getting cold and i need something for that I don't have any sweatshirts or anything)
  • G harmonica
  • music for Come Thou Fount
  • and maybe a sweat shirt of mine (use your best judgment)
Thanks. Out of time. There is a letter coming for you all. 
 
With love,
 
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment