Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My New Area -- Larangeira

Hey,
 
I was transferred and my new area is Larangeira (orange tree).  Yeah.  So we have a real chapel here, which is new to me.  And the members are crazy here.  One member has decided that she is the surrogate mother for every missionary she sees, and washes our white shirts, and insists that we visit her and teach about the Book of Mormon each day.  I about lost it with her.  You know when people decide they are your friend before you do, and you don't want to hurt their feelings by saying, "I can't be the friend you are looking for?"  Yeah, it's interesting here. 
 
Oh, and my comp doesn't really know what is going on.  He just finished training and he doesn't keep good track of the investigators.  So, that was frustrating.  He keeps leaving the apartment when I am showering to talk to some lady that lives across the street.  I don't think he is doing anything bad over there, but I gave him a talk about it anyway.  I'm really stressed right now.  But I'm getting over it.  It will get better.
 
Sorry it's short.
 
Love you all!!!
 
Ben
 
[a second short letter to Paul]
 
I hope you all had a lot of fun in Hawaii and sorry again for the short letter.  I had to write a long one to President Campos about my area.
 
I love you all and I'm doing fine.  I'm trying to help the members here grow and I'm being patient.
 
Love you, Dad.
 
Your son, Ben
 

No comments:

Post a Comment