Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Leaving the MTC for Temporary Reassignment in Arcadia, CA

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:30 PM
Subject: reassignment

Hey,
 
We got our reassignments.  I will be serving in Arcadia, California.  I guess I can call tomorrow about it.  I have class in the afternoon until the evening so I will probably call in the morning the (house) in the morning after 10.
 
Love you guys
 
*****
Monday, October 10, 2011
 
Hey, 
 
Thanks for the email, and thanks for the letter, Dad!
 
I'm heading out tomorrow at 5 in the morning.  Hopefully it won't be too early when you get my call!  My last few days here have been pretty good.  I've been frustrated with my district not obeying the rules.  I'm not sure about how I should have handled things, but I feel like I said that they shouldn't be doing what they where doing (going on the internet -- not looking at anything bad, we just aren't supposed to be spending our time that way).  And then I left it up to them to decide if they wanted to break the rules or not.  I just hope if any of them get sent home for not working, it happens before they get their visas.  The only one seems to have a real problem.
 
I didn't have trouble getting my bags to weigh in.  My big bag is 47 lbs.  The stuff sack worked well.
I sent off a package to you all.  I put two pictures that I drew that Elder Wardrop laminated for me.  They are for Dan.  I also put in a lot of language books in there, too.  I hope all of you use them!  
 
Your trip to Spokane sounds like fun.  None of you have many good reasons to go to Spokane now because you won't have any soccer of hockey games to take me to. So, I hope you all are doing well!  I'm going to write a letter and send it out when I get to Arcadia.  Tell Brit "happy birthday" for me!
 
Love you all!
 
Ben
 

No comments:

Post a Comment