Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Three Baptisms in Abaetetuba

Hey Everyone, 
 
Big news! We had 3 baptisms this last week!!!  I've attached some pics.  There is one with my birthday brownies; Jessica, Larissa and Dulçe (their inactive mother), and one with Ilan and his family.  We walked a lot this week and had zone training, so we walked and road the bus a lot.  I also had divisions this week with Elder V. Martins.  That was fun too.  Elder V. Martins is my zone leader and he has a different style, talking to people like they are real.  He is friendly and helps people open up to our message by talking about their families, sharing experiences, talking about his family, and stuff like that.  I thought it was really cool.  I applied that strategy more when I taught, and it made it a lot easier to tailor lessons to people's needs and help them open up and accept invitations.  I feel better talking to people when they accept me more as a friend, than as some robot that talks about Christ.  So, that's my major advance for this week.  I don't really know what to write.
 
I received the hymnal from Grandma and I love it. I haven't received any other letters yet. Hopefully, I will tomorrow.  I love your emails, and thanks for the music, Mom.  If you can find more of the Tabernacle Choir, that would be great (I'm not really crazy about EFY music).  I love the letters (emails) I've been getting from you all.  It's been great.
 
It's been super rainy and I was even a little cold the other day -- 75 degrees and rainy.  Oh, and the thermometer and compass is awesome.  I'm going to get a letter off today for sure.  Dan, thanks for the interview!  
 
I'm about out of time. I love you guys.  And, Mom, can you start forwarding mail and stuff that I send through mission ties to other people to like Josh, Katherine, Amanda, and Hayden? 
 
Love, Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment